Tips & resources for an eco-friendly internet environment.
Reduce your impact on the environment while browsing the web!
Use this browser:
Use a faster, safer browser that does not hog memory.
- Avant Browser -Avant Browser is an ultra-fast web browser, with no ads, no Malware and the lowest memory usage web browser on Windows platform.
Use these search engines to conserve energy & the environment.
- Blackle -A minimal black Google search engine that saves electricity.
- Greenseng -A Google powered search engine that neutralizes the emissions of your electricity consumption.
- Znout -A Google powered search engine that makes your internet searches CO2 neutral.
- Ecosia -A bing powered search engine that donates 80% of its revenue to the protection of the rainforest.
Add these RSS feeds to your homepage:
Subscribe to these green feeds to stay up-to-date on current environmental issues and other green trends.
- Grist -Environmental news and commentary.
- Mother Nature Network – Broadest scope of environmental news and social responsibility issues on the internet.
- MetaEfficient -The Optimal Green Guide
- Treehugger -The leading media outlet dedicated to driving sustainability mainstream.
Sign up with:
Use these online tools for reducing your carbon footprint.
- MakeMeSustainable -Tools to help become a more environmentally conscious and efficient individual or business.
- Low Impact ™ Living -Tools and resources to reduce your environmental impact.
Visit these websites:
Audit your energy use:
Recycle your old computers and monitors:
- Earth911.com -Use Earth911′s recycling directory with information on how and where to recycle over 300 different materials.
- The Freecycle Network -Nonprofit movement of people who are giving (and getting) stuff for free in their own towns and thus keeping good stuff out of landfills.
Go paperless – Take advantage of online bill paying, direct deposit and email subscriptions. Opt-out of traditional mailing lists:
- Opt-Out -Get off junk mailing lists
Download this software:
Manage your printing options better.
- GreenPrint -Print management software that eliminates unwanted pages; saving time, money and trees!
More tips for a greener internet…
- Surf with a mobile device or laptop – these both use substantially less energy than desktops.
- Enable energy management on your computer -Learn how- from ENERGY STAR
- Be sure to purchase ENERGY STAR qualified computers and monitors.
iameco v3 integrated touchscreen computer
- Watch in the future for eco-friendly computers, like this wood framed ‘iameco’ touchscreen which is highly energy efficient and is 98% recyclable.
Looking for more green tips & resources? Be sure to visit our green resource page and our Pinterest page — ♥ Love Your Earth.
reuse, recycle & share: